Pest Control Birmingham AL: Let Us Rid Your Home of Pests!
No matter how clean your home is, at some point in time we will all have to face pests. There are many different types of pests that can cause damage to our homes and our health. Bed bugs, fleas, ants, cockroaches and rodents are just a few insects that can wreck havoc on our daily lives.
Pest infestations, even small ones, strike fear in homes around the country each and every year. The gross thought of having cockroaches crawling around in your kitchens and bathroom during the night is not a pleasant thing to think about. Other Pests can actually be directly bad for your health because of their venomous nature. Spiders and wasps both carry venom and can even cause death is certain situations.
Luckily, there is a way to rid your home of those nasty little creatures and keep your family healthy at the same time.
Hiring a professional Pest Control Service to come into your home is a great way to protect your home and your property. Many of you might feel that you can handle an infestation on your own. But the truth is, only a professional Pest Control Service can properly treat pests. Today, we are going to take a look at the benefits of hiring a professional Pest Control Service.
Pest Control Birmingham AL: Five Reasons To Hire A Professional Pest Control Service
- Safety First- When people try to treat a pest problem themselves whether it be an ant problem or a cockroach infestation, they often run to the store and pick up a few cans of poison. Oftentimes, they have no clue what these cans contain. Poisons should not be handled by someone who does not know how to properly use them because it would only take one mistake to poison the family pet or even a small child. So instead of running the risk of accidental poisoning, why not let a professional handle it for you? A professional Pest Control Service company knows how to properly administer poisons and this will give you the assurance that your whole family will never be at risk. The United States Environmental Protection Agency warns against using unsafe pesticides in your home always stay on the safe side!
- Save Money – One pest in particular, termites, if left untreated can cost you thousands of dollars. Termites are fast moving pests that can devour a wood structure in the matter of months if the infestation is bad enough. This can be very damaging to your home and if the damage is bad enough it can destroy your homes structural integrity. Instead of allowing this to happen, a great idea is to contract a Pest Control Service to treat your home for termites yearly. This will rid any termites from your home and protect your investment as well.
- Routine Maintenance – We all know that if you allow your car to go without routine maintenance the chances are you might face a breakdown. The same goes for pest infestations. If you go without treatment for a few months, there is a greater chance that those bugs are going to move back in. A Pest Control Service will eliminate that threat by coming on a month to month basis and treat your home keeping those nasty critters out. Routine maintenance will also help cut down the cost of replacing food that has been damaged by pests. Ant infestations in the middle of the night have been known to damage hundreds of dollars worth of food in a few short hours.
- Peace of Mind – Nothing is worse than walking into the kitchen for a late night snack and turning on the light revealing a large rat sitting on your kitchen counter. This would freak out even the most brave person. So if you don’t want any surprises in the middle of the night, it is best that you let a Pest Control Service take care of your home. This will give you the peace of mind you need to rest easy at night.
- Keep Your Family Healthy – Pests can have an adverse effect on your family’s health. Cockroaches for instance can cause asthma attacks in small children. Cockroaches carry many allergens and germs which can spread all over your home. Another pests such as spiders and wasps can bite and sting causing all sorts of medical problems. Some spider such as the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow can even cause death in some people, so it just makes sense to protect your family from these dangerous and harmful pests.
Pest Control Birmingham AL – Practice Prevention
Insects and rodents are attracted water, food and odors. If you want to prevent having pests in your home then its a matter of not creating the environment they thrive in.
Here are some basics:
- Never let water or any other liquid sit. Clean it up immediately.
- Take garbage out every day and keep your garbage cans clean of residue.
- When fruit gets really ripe – put it in the fridge.
- Never ever leave cooked food out. Put it away immediately and any food thats thrown in the trash needs to be taken out daily.
- If you have leaky faucets or a leaking fridge get it fixed immediately.
If you’re looking for more tips on pest control prevention check out this great article by the Natural Resources Defense Council. Another great resource for tips is an article we published recently on our blog, Cleaning to Keep Pests Away.
If you’re looking for reliable pest control service in Birmingham or the surrounding areas, Horizons Professional Pest Control is a local, family owed business that has been proudly serving the Birmingham-metro area since 2000.
Horizons is licensed and bonded to provide a variety of services including: regular pest control services (monthly, bimonthly, quarterly), termites bonds, pest removal, flea treatments, bed bug treatments, mosquito and tick barriers, and german cockroach baiting services.
We want to help you to keep your home safe. Give us a call at (205) 970-0577.