How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are more than an annoyance. They’re a health risk too. More than likely, you’ve encountered these blood-suckers more times than you can count. However, getting rid of them is especially important this year with the rise of the Zika Virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says, “common Zika symptoms include headache, fever, skin rash, conjunctivitis and joint and muscle pain. These symptoms can last up to seven days from the time of the bite, but sometimes dissipate earlier.”
We can help you avoid this awful situation. View our deals on pest control so you can get rid of these pests quickly, and enjoy your spring safely.
Reducing Methods for Mosquitoes
Here are some things you can do at home to help reduce the impact of mosquitoes. These are both protective and eliminating measures.
Prevent Your Exposure
- Tuck clothing in to close gaps.
- Use mosquito repellents when needed.
Remove Entry Points
- Block gaps in windows, doors and screens to ensure entry is eliminated.
Hit their home
- Mosquitoes can breed in a very little amount of standing water. Eliminating standing water from gutters, buckets and other containers will help.
- Refresh water in bird baths, fountains and potted plants.
- Make sure your pool water is treated and circulating.
Mosquitoes carry a number of viruses and diseases, but that might not be your particular culprit. Mosquitoes are often mistaken for other insects. Be sure to look at other pests and rodents we can help get rid of, and contact us with any pest-related concerns.